The STANISLAS Family Study (SFS)
Web site for the cohort:
Publication describing the cohort:
- Visvikis-Siest S, Siest G. The STANISLAS Cohort: a 10-year follow-up of supposed healthy families. Gene-environment interactions, reference values and evaluation of biomarkers in prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2008; 46(6):733–47.
- Siest G, Visvikis S, Herbeth B, Gueguen R, Vincent-Viry M, Sass C, Beaud B, Lecomte E, Steinmetz J, Locuty J, Chevrier P. Objectives, design and recruitment of a familial and longitudinal cohort for studying gene-environment interactions in the field of cardiovascular risk: the Stanislas cohort. Clin Chem Lab Med. 1998 Jan;36(1):35-42.
Community-based population recruited in 1993-1995 (baseline, T0): 1006 families, supposed healthy and free from any declared acute and/or chronic disease. Inclusion criteria – Parents and grandparents of French origin – Residence in the Lorraine region (north-east of France) – Nuclear families comprising two parents and at least two biological children over 6 years old. Exclusion criteria – Chronic or acute disorders – Previous personal history of cardiovascular diseases Data collected during medical visits every 5-years. The STANISLAS Cohort is part of the Biological Resource Centre ‘Interactions Gène-Environnement en Physiopathologie Cardio-Vasculaire’ (BRC IGE-PCV, http://www.u1122.inserm.fr/en/content/brc-ige-pcv) initiated by P01-INSERM in 2002. This BRC is part of the National Biobank network with the ‘Infrastructures Coordination in Life Sciences’ or ‘Coordination des Infrastructures en Sciences du Vivant’ (GIS) and of the European ‘Biobanking and Biomolecular Resources Research Infrastructure’ (BBMRI), 7th PCRD. This BRC is an IBISA platform involved in the forthcoming investment project ‘BIOBANQUES’.
Types of tissue available:
- Serum stored in straws in liquid nitrogen at -196°C (never defrosted) – EDTA plasma samples stored in straws in liquid nitrogen at -196°C (never defrosted)
- Extracted DNA stored at -80°C
- Buffy coat stored at -80°C – PAXGENE blood and mRNA stored at -80°C
- EDTA isolated Peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and corresponding mRNA stored at -80°C
- Sodium heparinate isolated PBMCs extracts stored at -80°C